Monday, March 16, 2009

Eats!

Sorry I didn't post anything for a while - last week was disgustingly busy but I did manage to cook a few, really simple dishes to satisfy my work ridden soul.

In no particular order, here's stuff I consume during my days of rendering, sequence board making, mind mapping, user group mood board making days at RISD. uh...I'm not bitter in any form whatsoever..




In order to prevent myself from dieing due to malnutrition, I eat BERRIES. Lots of berries. I usually have blueberries, strawberries, and bananas in a bowl with a very small pinch of salt, sprinkle of sugar and/or drizzle of honey, and a healthy glug of balsamic vinegar. Yup, vinegar. I then let it macerate in the fridge until all of the delicious juices from the berries come out and scream to be eaten. It's an amazing mixture sweet and tart.. you guys gotta try it. This is on the same comfort level of chocolate cake, ice cream, and unicorn tears.



I had pork. I had miso. I had veges. MISO SOUP! It was surprisingly light with a delicate saltiness from the miso, considering how hard I tried to render what fat was on the pork because pork fat makes life here at RISD that much more bearable. The pork was fairly tender - I think it would've melted in your mouth if I had let it simmer longer but I'm impatient. :( I think my impatience is going to be the death of me someday. SIGH.



Simple food is usually the best food. I mean how much more simpler can you get? Mysteryious Luncheon ham-meat product, eggs, scallions, and white carb matter pan fried to golden brown awesomeness. The runny yolk is like icing on a cake.. but in this case it's an undeveloped baby chicken basically. Let us stick with the icing comparison.. I added ketchup and some sriracha to cut the salt and add some oomph. It was a good, not good for me, breakfast.



Ah, the star of this post. KALBI. The meat of kings. Look how it glistens in the light of my Macbook. You probably can't tell, but there is kimchi, fermented cabbage of the gods, and brown rice. If you don't know, kalbi is a Korean dish of slices of beef marinated in soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, etc. It's usually eaten during special occasions becuase the cut of meat is expensive. My special occasion? I slept the average 8 hours the night before. It's special to me.

1 comment: